*PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID 19 IT IS PREFERRED THAT ALL PRESCRIPTIONS BE SENT TO A LOCAL PHARMACY.
PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR CHOSEN CHEMIST FOR COLLECTION*
Acute prescriptions can be ordered either by contacting the practice on 028867 62995 or in person at the reception desk.
A receptionist will ask you for the following details:
- Symptoms and how long you have had them
- If you have tried any Over The Counter Medication from the chemist
- If you have any allergies
Requests for acute prescriptions will be dealt with by the doctor within one working day.
Repeat prescriptions will be issued at the doctor's discretion and are normally for patients on long-term treatment. Requests for prescriptions can be made by:
- in writing
- calling at the surgery between 10.00am and 12noon or 2.00 - 5.00pm.
We also provide the following services to enable patients to order their Repeat Medication:
1) Repeat Prescription line.
Repeat prescriptions may be ordered at any time of the day or night on the dedicated phone line. Please phone 028867 62995 and select option 3. This is an answering machine. You will need to speak clearly and provide the following details:
- Repeat medication you request
**Do not leave urgent messages on the answering machine as we are unable to guarantee an appropriate response and we accept no liability for non-prescription messages.**
2)Request a repeat prescription online
Please log on to our website : www.midulsterhealthcarecookstown.com
Click on "Repeat prescription" (Purple tab on left hand side of screen)
Complete the online ordering form. Please ensure all * are completed before trying to submit your request.
Please make a note of your reference number when your prescription request has been submitted incase you need to contact the Practice with a query.
Prescription Collection Service:
The Practice operates a repeat prescription collection service whereby, your nominated pharmacist collects the prescription which can then be obtained from the pharmacy. Please allow time for the pharmacy to collect and process your prescription.
Please note, once a preferred pharmacy is put in place, to avoid confusion, all prescriptions will be automatically diverted to this pharmacy. Please clearly state if you do not wish this to be the case in an individual circumstance (eg if item is needed urgently and you wish to collect yourself).
- All repeat prescriptions should be ordered at least 2-3 working days before your medications run out.
- Please allow 48 hours between ordering and collection and make allowances for weekends and public holidays.
- If your pharmacy collections your prescription for you, please allow them additional time to process your prescription.
- Not all medication is suitable to be given as a repeat, this will be decided by your doctor. The usual amount supplied is also decided by your doctor.
- Please only re-order medicines that you need. Stockpiling medicines may lead to waste if your medicines are changed, or they go out of date.
- Dispose of unused medication responsibly. Take it to your usual pharmacy.
- It is your responsibility to keep your medication safe.